Friday 16 July 2010

4 Blokes, 8 Wheels... and a man in a van.

Back in May, my dad and 3 of his mates from the pub decided to embark on a cycle ride across the width of Great Britain, all in the name of charity. Now seeing as my Dad is 60 next year, and he wasn't even the youngest team member, the 385.2 mile journey was a massive achievement for them. Further to this they managed to raise over £3600 for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (the ride started at Britain's most Westerly lifeboat station in Wales, to the most Easterly in England).

To mark this occasion, I was asked to create a book documenting their story, with the minutes and photos of the event throughout. I had to keep the design fairly simple - my clients aren't the most 'graphic-design-aware' so I had to stick to a fairly conservative format. Although I would have preferred a more dynamic aesthetic, I'm quite pleased with the outcome, and so were the clients, so all is good.




No comments: