Sunday 24 April 2011

Philately

I found this old stamp from 1965 on an old envelope containing a letter to my grandparents. It's not a rare one, but I think it's lovely. This was before they had introduced first and second class postage. I really want to start looking for more stamps, (even if it is a little on the geeky side) and I've been encouraged to do so by Mike from SoMuchPileUp (one of my favourite blogs). They have a great selection of amazing stamp designs from the 1960s-80s, be sure to check them out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, i have this stamp ,, can you tell me the know worth of this stamp ,,

Unknown said...

I have several old stamps that I'm looking for a good home. If anyone is interested. Just let me know, I will send pictures they are from 1800- 1960 they are all in good condition.