Tuesday 27 April 2010

more designs...

Latest designs I have created as part of my Flux brief.


For the above idea, I referenced styles by the Futurists in my work. I wanted to play on the idea of a "Journey into now" transferring past styles into the present. I wanted the piece to look similar to old science / school textbooks, in order to reflect upon the idea of "Only Human" being something scientific or biological.




These designs feature the images I have created; by scanning my face and distorting the image by moving while the process took place. I feel the scans produced are really interesting and play on the idea of Only Human. The images maintain organic elements yet also feel somewhat robotic or non-human. The type on the second image I feel works best. Overall pleased with the developments so far!

No comments: